Timebands and Classification Review
The Public Consultation is now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided us with feedback. The feedback is now being assessed. We will update this page once the evaluation is complete.
The BSA is considering whether any changes should be made to timebands and classification labels on free-to-air television and we want your views.
Timebands have been used for decades to protect free-to-air viewers from unsuitable content. But the way we watch television has changed - we don’t always watch at a fixed time - we record and watch later, and parental locks are now available on free-to-air television. Given these changes, are all of the timebands still relevant and useful?
We have different labels on pay television (SKY) and free-to-air television. Should they be the same?
- Classification and Timeband review - Long Consultation Book
- Classification and Timeband review - Short Consultation Book
- Ngā Takiwātanga, Raka Mātua, Kōmakatanga Hoki
- Understanding Timebands within Vulnerable Communities Study 
- Parental Guidance Survey (TVNZ - BSA - Green Room) 
- Public Awareness Survey - 2017
Broadcasting Standards in New Zealand Codebook
- Free-to-Air Television Code
- Free-to-Air Television Classifications
- Pay Television Classifications and Audience Advisories
Public Meetings details
|SOUTH AUCKLAND||Monday 13 August 2018||10:30am||
Manurewa Library, 7 Hill Road, Manurewa
|AUCKLAND||Wednesday 15 August 2018||1:30pm||
Leys Institute, 20 St Mary's Road, Ponsonby, Auckland
|PORIRUA||Friday 17 August 2018||10:00am||
RSA Porirua, 5-7 McKillop Street, Porirua
|WELLINGTON||Friday 17 August 2018||1:30pm||
Chartered Accountants House,Level 7, 50 Customhouse Quay, Wellington
|GISBORNE||Tuesday 21 August 2018||1:30pm||
HB Williams Memorial Library, 34 Bright Street, Gisborne
|CHRISTCHURCH||Wednesday 22 August 2018||10:30am||
Christchurch Community House, 301 Tuam Street, Christchurch
|DUNEDIN||Thursday 23 August 2018||10:30am||
South Dunedin Community Hall, 253 King Edward Street, South Dunedin